- Music & Liturgy
- Faith Formation
- Youth Ministry
Note From Our Pastor (Parish Bulletin for July 26, 2015)
On June 18, 2015, Pope Francis released the much anticipated encyclical Laudato Si (Praise be to You), which addresses human and environmental ecology. This new encyclical is broken up into chapters, each addressing a particular topic.
Some of the key topics include:
• The intimate relationship between the poor and the fragility of the planet
• The conviction that everything in the world is connected
• The critique of the new paradigms and forms of power derived from technology
• The call to seek other ways of understanding the economy and progress
• The value proper to each creature
• The human meaning of ecology
• The need for forthright and honest debate
• The serious responsibility of international and local policy
• The throwaway culture and the proposal of a new Lifestyle
We will be having a class here at Saint Luke on the Holy Father's encyclical. It will take place in the Holy Family Room on three consecutive Monday evenings, August 3, 10, and 17, from 8PM to 9PM.
Mark your calendars! All are welcome.
Blessings in Christ,