Faith formation is a lifelong process. Once we receive the sacraments of initiation, we are tasked with both continuing education (mystagogy) as well as bringing the good news to others. At St. Luke’s, we have many opportunities to build, grow, and form your faith as an adult. Every year we offer bible studies, theological studies, men’s and women’s study groups, and various thematic sessions throughout the year.
We offer the following ongoing studies for adult faith formation. Some groups break for the summer while others have summer programs. Please contact the ministry coordinator for each group for their schedule.
- Women of Grace (sign-up form) – Women’s study group. Thursday mornings, 9:30am-11:30am
(contact: Grace Benigno at firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Journeymen – Men’s study group. Saturday mornings, 7:00am-8:30am (contact: Mike Struble at email@example.com )
- Tuesday morning Bible Study – Starting in February with “Evangelization: Acts of the Apostles.” (contact: Tim Hetzel at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Wednesday evening Bible Study – Starting in February with “Evangelization: Acts of the Apostles.” (Contact Tim Hetzel at email@example.com)
Other Adult Faith formation opportunities at St. Luke:
- Formed.org – St. Luke’s has a subscription to Formed, which is an online platform that gives you access to a multitude of books and programs designed to help you grow in your faith at all levels – how you think, how you pray, how you live. Immerse yourself in instruction about the Word of God and Our Catholic Faith. A registration fee of $20 is required for a login. You receive full access to formed.org when you register for our bible study: “Evangelization: Acts of the Apostles.”
- Patricians (third Thursday every month) – a program sponsored by the Legion of Mary but open to everyone. The Patricians is a meeting that seeks to catechize the laity to equip them to defend the faith.
- Parent small group during Elementary Faith Formation – If you have a child enrolled in Elementary Faith Formation you are invited to stay every Tuesday to join in a small group discussion about various topics while the children are in their classes.
Interested in becoming Catholic?
Adults who wish to be enter the Catholic Church do so through the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA). The RCIA is a process of spiritual growth and learning about Catholicism. Through the RCIA, you are invited to enter into a relationship with God and the Church. Those who go through the RCIA and wish to become Christians are baptized. If you are already baptized and want to become Catholic, you will prepare for your Confirmation and 1st Eucharist. Contact Tim in our parish office to join RCIA. (919-848-1533).